block root access to NFS mount

Okay, here's a problem I'm running in to. I have an NFS server that is controlled via NIS for which hosts access the NFS mounts. I need to give root access to an NFS client host machine, but /not/ the NFS mounts. Is there any way at all to control this, other than making the NFS mounts read only?

(Yeah I know it's a strange question, but time is pressing and I don't have enough of it to google.) Any help would be appreciated.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator