Re: How to get fan to run?

At 10:29 PM -0400 9/5/06, Andrew Robinson wrote:
My eMachines laptop freezes in FC5. I strongly suspect that FC5 is
never turning on the cooling fan and the laptop is overheating. I
don't have this problem with FC4. Can someone tell me what package
controls the fan so I can verify and/or fix this?

As others have said, the fan would normally run by default. You might try booting with "noacpi" on the kernel command line. This might also make some other hardware functions not work (or work). You might also enable the sensors (man sensors.conf) so you can see the temperature.

I don't have a laptop.  This is from reading other's posts.