Re: replicating dynamicly updated servers..

OOps my bad ....
looks like I made a drop off the last time it tried this ....
But the next question is if the master goes down will the slave accept the updates from the client ?

On 9/4/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 11:58 +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:

> I have a master dns server (bind 9) that has 2 zones that clients
> update dynamicly... Bind doesn't allow for slave serve to be updated
> for a dynamic zone ....

Ohhhh yes it does.... (panto voice).

I think you need to post your config files for us to figure out why it
doesn't work for you.

My network has a DHCP and DNS server integrated with each other on one
box, and several slave DNS servers.  When a client joins the network and
has its addresses configured through DHCP, the details are added to the
local DNS server, and they propagate out to the slave DNS servers.  The
slaves don't really care how their masters are prepared (DHCP servers
configuring them, or something else).

I read messages from the public lists.