Re: Procedure to replace a NIC.

Steven Stromer writes:

Hi,

I wannt to remove the 10/100 NICs from my FC5 servers and replace with Gigabit NICs. I've never had to uninstall a NIC from a linux machine. Is there anything I should do before pulling one card and installing another?

Nothing.

Also, anything that I will have to do to get the machine to realize the gigabit potential of the new card?

Nine times out of ten, kudzu will take care of everything.

Your only responsibility is to verify that your new card is actually supported under Linux, and specifically by the Fedora kernel.

As long as the new card's drivers are in the Fedora kernel, you're all set.