Unable to detect network cable unplugged event

Hi All,

I am new to Linux, I have one Client-Server application which I have ported from Windows 2003 to FC5.

But while testing the application if I am plugging out the Ethernet cable Both Client and Server applications

Are not able to detect that network connectivity is lost, Client application is able to send data on connected

socket but Server is not able to get it (here at client side send API is not returning -1) and after putting the

cable back they start receiving data again.

Can any body help me out?

Regards,

Ankur.