Flash and Firefox

I installed Fedora Core 5 last night, and I can't get Flash player to work with Firefox or Mozilla. I've tried installing it in Firefox with both Firefox's built in installer and by the command line installer provided by macromedia (well, adobe now). Also installed manually using the copy command like it recommends on the mozdev website. It ain't workin'. Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Russell Golden