Re: Font Size in Open Office Docs on different platforms

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Andy Campbell wrote:

Ok.  so explain this ....

Everyone else at work uses StarOffice, I've just been using OpenOffice on my own machines as it get installed as standard on FC5. I've just installed StarOffice on FC5, and with StarOffice the documents look and print the same as every one at work. So it appears to be the Office software and not OS/X related.

If I print the same document from OpenOffice and StarOffice and hold the pages on top of each other and up to a light I can see the gradual creep as one document goes out of sync with the other - but its very slight on a line by line basis.

Now I thought StarOffice and OpenOffice had the same code base ? So I would expect the font rendering to be the same.

Some possibilities:

(At least it used to be that) one of the things you pay for when you buy StarOffice is a library of fonts that are not included with OOo.

Some new features listed in SO8 relate to font rendering. These may be enhancements to the OOo codebase, and there may be others.

Andy

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences