Re: What is the language "British"?

David Fletcher wrote:
On Monday 28 August 2006 15:02, Ed Greshko wrote:
They are not the same in the context of language.  "English" is a
language while (whilst) "British-English" is regional.  In
"British-English" defense is written "defence".

I think you've got it the wrong way around. "Defence" is the correct spelling.

Unfortunately the parent post contained non-UTF8 characters which do not render without the "irritated irony" regional font installed.

I must confess that while liking Americans I keep my three year old away (I can check the title because I literally hid the video in here) from cultural abominations like this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0205461/

Bottom 100: #76

''Quotes:
[Mr. Conductor and Junior are both out of gold dust]
Mr. C. Junior: Hey, it's a beautiful day. I mean, we're down, but we're not out.
Mr. Conductor: No, we're *out*, but we're not *down*.
(more)''

No thanks.

-Andy