Re: Fedora 64-bit Graphics Problems on Install

John Trager wrote:
I did try to install it using the Text version, and it went through fine, but there was NO GUI interface... I guess when one does this it uses the standard VESA driver (generic)?
When you install in text mode, the installer ASSUMES that you are building a server and sets the default run mode to 3. Upon first boot, edit /etc/inittab (carefully) and set the default run mode to 5.

You can also try startx on that first run. It will probably do all the right stuff to figure out your display.

Also, you will probably want to run yum update on that first boot. Go to lunch and check it later, or do it over night.

Then next time you reboot things should be normal.

If you really want to start over, you may also want to try the Fedora Unity release. It is more current.

I have installed several x86_64 systems, and have had less display troubles with the Unity release, since it includes many updates.

Try:

http://torrent.fedoraunity.org/torrents

Good luck!