Re: Installing FC-5 with LVM

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Timothy Murphy wrote:

I don't mind the installation suggesting a partitioning scheme,
but I think it ought to allow users to decide for themselves.

It does. There was a screen that asked if you wanted the installer to partition the disk (deleting all partitions or all Linux partitions) or if you wanted to do so manually. If you pick manual partitioning, you'll see a tool that shows the current partition structure and allows you to modify it and assign partitions and LVs to filesystems.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu