Re: vi editor

My stab, although it may not be the *best* and only way..

Kevac Marko wrote:
By the way, what is the best method to copy some text from one position in the file to another position?

While using the simple method of mouse copy\paste we emphasize two problems:

1. We have to delete text from previous position using dd
move your cursor in position
press <esc>
press v (for visual mode)
Highlight what you want to move (with the arrow keys)
press the d button (to delete it)

move to what you want it
press the p button (to paste/put it)

2. If we copy text with tabs and than paste it, there are some additional tabs appearing
Usual this is from the *sometimes* nice auto-indent feature.
:set noai
will turn it off.

-Brad