Re: vi editor

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 19:28 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi ALL
>
> How do i select the entire contents of the file using vi to copy and
> then paste it to the other file
>
> For example
>
> vi copy --- > select the entire contents on one machine
> vi paste ---> paste it on the second machine
Two methods seem to occur to me:
1. scp - the file between machines.
2. ssh to the other machine in one window. Open a file in that window.
	Open the original file in another window. Select what you want
	using the left mouse button. The copy it into the file on the
	remote machine using middle mouse button.
Into love and out again, Thus I went and thus I go. Spare your voice,
and hold your pen: Well and bitterly I know All the songs were ever
sung, All the words were ever said; Could it be, when I was young,
Someone dropped me on my head? -- Dorothy Parker, "Theory"