Help in need: mdadm and software RAID5 recovery on FC4

Hi,

 I still have several Fedora Core 4 boxes running with
software RAID5 created with mdadm tool.

 Now one underlying component disk failed and have to
be replaced. But I have to save the data on the
software RAID5 device.

 Any one can show me the correct "official way" to do
this job? Thanks a lot.

 Detailed background: the RAID5 was created with the
following command:

 " mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=5 --raid-devices=3
/dev/sd[bcd]1 "

 and now the sdb1 failed and I will replace it soon.

  Please help.

--Robinson