Re: latest updates don't boot

> > I read the Bugzillas but I didn't see anything about progress stalling
> > with the maintainer of rpmlib... is there more to the story?

My original mail about not booting didn't have anything to do with rpms.
It turned out to be a problem with a Windows XP RAID on other disks
on the same machine. I didn't want to mount them, I didn't tell anaconda
to do anything with them when installing, but it insisted on setting up
all kinds of dmraid nonsense in the initrd to try and access them anyway,
then a raid bug came along and made everything hang during initrd
processing. I eventually got it to work by customizing the initrd scripts
to stop trying to setup the raid I didn't want to see anyway :-).