Re: latest updates don't boot

> Do you use dm-raid?

Nope, its a raid controller, but the disks aren't configured as a raid in any way
shape or form, just two separate disks, no hardware raid, no software raid,
no logical volumn manager, nuthin (that's probably the problem, its trying
too hard to find a raid :-).

The intel sata interfaces on the same motherboard do have a big NTFS raid
under Windows XP. I don't have it in the fstab, but perhaps it is also confusing
things (I could try physically unplugging those disks and see what happens).