Re: issue with libGL.so.1

Claude Jones wrote:
On Wednesday August 23 2006 7:47 am, Matthew Miller wrote:
/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1 is not a symbolic link
This is not an issue with libGL.so.1. This is an issue with the nvidia
binary driver.

Yes, so I've now gathered. Simplifying my google search found lots of refs to this. Still trying to figure out what and if I should do?

AIUI ldconfig generates the necessary symlinks. So if you have libblah.so.1.2.3, ldconfig will make libblah.so.1.2, libblah.so.1 and libblah.so to point to the actual specific version of the library you have.

I don't know what the /nvidia subdir is about but I would delete or move any of the files in question except the most specific one (eg, libblah.so.1.2.3) and run ldconfig as root. When you look back there should be some symlinks created and no more errors.

-Andy