issue with libGL.so.1

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/nvidia/libGL.so.1 is not a symbolic link

When I use the Smart package manager/updater, I get the above message after
updates. If I go to /usr/lib/nvidia libGL.so.1 is there but is not linked to
anything. However, if I back up a level to /usr/lib there I find the
following:
file:///usr/lib/libGL.so
file:///usr/lib/libGL.so.1
file:///usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2

libGL.so is linked to libGL.so.1
libGL.so.1 is linked to libGL.so.1.2

There seems to be no affect to my system other than the messages. Open GL on
my video card is alive and well. Does anyone have an idea why this may have
happenned, or where to go with this?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA