Re: A basic 'newbie' question

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 3:49 am, Jack Gates wrote:
> > but I am capped as to how much I can download each month.
>
> That sucks!

A brief explanation.

Here in the UK, generally speaking, the cheapest broadband allows 1GB
a month data transfer, at a slow rate. Pay more each month, and you
can increase the data transfer to 2GB, 4GB and so on until there is
no limit on the amount. Then, for a greater cost, this is repeated
but with a fast download rate.

So, it's a case of decided how much one can afford to pay each month
(bearing in mind all the other bills!).

It's pointless paying for, say, 6GB each month when that amount is
probably only needed once every six months to download a new version
of a distro.

Cheers

Keith