Re: FC5 Installation Killing Computers

Craig White wrote:

You can't take untrusted users reports on this list seriously - they
have to make a proper bug report and bugzilla is the place - it's not a
bug if it isn't in bugzilla. The reporter that you are referring to did
not have a credible report.

Noting a problem on the list and taking the temperature of the replies is a useful tool. If five or six people had similar experiences one could draw something very different from my situation. Sticking it in Bugzilla is a different level of visibility. However, despite I couldn't convince myself or anyone else it was an OS problem in the end, I and my two busted HDDs assure you the report is 'credible' and not caused by some hallucination.

I think Hex Star will find an interesting feature of support lists or forums... they're full of problems. That's true for every OS. Some of the problems are real and effect everyone, some affect just a few users in special circumstances and always some problems affect just the reporter :-)

-Andy