Re: FC5 Installation Killing Computers

No thanks, I won't be installing FC, at least until these issues are sorted out as I value my PCs life ;-)

On 8/21/06, Jack Gates < jlgates@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 21 August 2006 14:10, Hex Star wrote:
> I dunno...I saw another thread here stating that FC5 was killing
> HDs by restarting them repeatedly until they died so this does seem
> like it could be possible...makes me glad I'm not thinking of using
> FC5 nor currently using it and such a distro which has now had
> multiple posts with regards to it killing various computer
> components certainly is not good for this distros reputation nor
> Linuxes as a whole, the developers of this distro might want to
> make fixing these issues a rather high priority if they care about
> FCs reputation at all...

You are taking things out of context.  Install a copy on a box and
check it out for yourself.  Out of personal preference I choose not
to use none RPM flavored distros of Linux but I don't attack them
because of my choice not to use them.

You people that for whatever reason decide that a distro is bad for
whatever reason like to find anything you can to bad mouth it.  How
is attacking a Linux distro accomplishing anything good?

If you don't use FC and don't want too... why are you on the mailing
list?  Try finding facts and stop spreading FUD!

--
Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net