Re: usb keyboard aargh!

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 11:35 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> There was a transitional time of confusion when the USB spec was being
> enhanced. Many devices labeled USB 2 were not. They had perhaps
> additional features over the original spec, but they were not faster.
> That created a lot of problems - my experience has been exactly what
> you describe.

I have a Windows suffering friend, that everytime he plugs his allegedly
USB 2 VOIP phone into his allegedly USB 2 port (according to all the
BIOS settings, and the manual), it complains that the device would run
faster in a USB 2 port.  Of course, we can't tell if that's just yet
another bogus Windows error message, or it should be interpreted
literally.

Similarly, his external drive cases are USB 2, but they're nearly always
recognised as USB 1.

I read messages from the public lists.