FC5 keyboard layout switching problems

Hi everyone!

Several days ago I have installed FC5 (with Gnome) on my wife's
computer.
I wanted to configure X to switch between tree different keyboard
layouts using these three lines in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us,bg,bg"
        Option      "XkbVariant" ",bds,phonetic"
        Option      "XkbOptions"   "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
For some reason it doesn't work!
What could be the reason?

I have tried one more thing: to add a keyboard layout switcher to the
panel. It doesn't work properly either because the keyboard shortcut
works only in one direction - from bg to usa, but not from usa to bg, so
it has to be done with the mouse, which is very tedious.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
--
Peter Kostov