Re: upgraded FC3 to FC4 and then FC4 to FC5

Ric Moore wrote:

>> I'm probably going to go this route.  I just need some time.  My
>> weekends have been busy this summer, but the last two in August are so
>> far empty.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
>
> I tried the yum upgrade... never will I do that again.

Why?

[Very occasionally it is the only option, in my experience,
eg neither the CDs nor hard disk installation worked with FC5
on my Sony Picturebook (C1FVK) - now sadly defunct -
but yum upgrade did, although it took 12 hours.]

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366