Re: For sale Brand New Juicy Couture Sidekick II for $120

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 12:20, Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > Oh yeah, you being a Texan (just a stone's throw from being an Okie, but
> > I won't dare call you that!), you forgot cilantro in your chili recipe!
>
> Them's fightin' words, son! (Callin' uh Texun uh Okie!)
>
> Cilantro is *always* an ingredient in chili when I make it. But then,
> I always also throw in a home-grown habanero chili pepper as well.

Only one?  I suppose that might do if you're using Red Savinas.  ;-)  There's
nothing quite like a good, fresh habanero pepper.  I also enjoy them on my
pizzas...

> I've lived in Texas all my life, and grew up on chilli. All down
> in the Valley, and West Texas. I lived out in Seminole, which
> is not too far from Midland/Odessa for 3 years. Rained twice.
> Once for five minutes (got a one foot deep flash flood), once for
> 30 minutes (no flood). Now I live in a suburb of Dallas, and Ah
> cain't git no goooood chilli. Gotta cook mah oan.
>
> There just isn't any good Tex-Mex much North of San Antonio,
> unless you make your own.

I will always love my hometown of San Antonio.  I'm in Amarillo now, and there
are a few places in the area to get good Tex-Mex, but sometimes I wonder how
some of the people here can call themselves Texans.  If it measures less than
10,000 on the Scoville scale, it isn't worth eating.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx

http://www.n-man.com/