Re: [OT} chilli wasRe: For sale

jdow wrote:
From: "Ric Moore" <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> to Patrick W. Barnes

Oh yeah, you being a Texan (just a stone's throw from being an Okie, but
I won't dare call you that!), you forgot cilantro in your chili recipe!
Gotta have a pinch, according to my perspectives. I lived in Odessa and
Houston for about 10 years. To me and my tastes, that is the secret!
Give it a try. See if your eyes don't light up and your tummy say
"HOWDY!" or as one of my less-than-couth friends from Odessa would say
with his West Texas Drawl, "It taste's so good, it'll make your tongue
hard." <grins> Ric

Ric, you and I might agree with that. But I understand there are a
fair number of men for whom cilantro is intolerably bitter. For them
the recipe without cilantro would be a good thing. Maybe Patrick is

Might be from chopping up the stems. The stems, if chopped pretty
finely, do release a bitter taste. Strip the leaves and barely chop
them, and you won't get that. The seeds also can be somewhat bitter.

one of these unfortunates. He tells me that he hates going to Mexican
restaraunts because of that. His wife loves it. So he simply has a
plain old hamburger to escape the cilantro. (He is of Mexican heritage,
too. Pity him!)

Indeed. The Indians (Hindu style) call it coriander.

Gotta have lotsa cominos, too (cumin).

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.