Re: Image Browser

Ron Siven wrote:
On Tuesday 15 August 2006 08:05, Robin Laing wrote:

Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:

Greetings Robin,

Robin Laing wrote:

Vivek J. Patankar wrote:

I will second this and it is one of the first applications I install
after a clean install.  It allow the ability to open images in
individual windows and full keyboard control of images from the number
pad.

I have already installed and tried gqview and my first impression from
it was pretty positive but the very thing you describe above ( opening
an image in an individual window ) is the very thing i wanted to avoid
and on of the primary reasons i opened the thread .

You only open another window if you want to.  I do it when I want to
compare the quality of different images from a directory.  As you know,
it doesn't do it unless you want to.

As my eyes age, I find thumbnails to small. :)

--
Robin Laing

Whatever happened to Kuickview? It's a simple image viewer that allows navigation from image to image within a folder with the page up/down keys, easy rotation capabilities, etc. I would compare it to the Windows image and fax viewer. I used to use it to quickly run through and rotate the pictures from my camera before printing or posting them to my website. Suddenly, it disappeared from both of my systems (FC4 & FC5) after a recent update.

Ron

I don't know.  Never used it myself.

I know that GQview can rotate jpg's and print images. For a large number of pictures I use imagemagick. It will overwrite your original image by default but that can be changed in the preferences.

Infact, you can add features and calls to other programs within the preferences.

--
Robin Laing