Re: Image Browser

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 08:05, Robin Laing wrote:
> Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
> > Greetings Robin,
> >
> > Robin Laing wrote:
> >> Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
> >>

> >> I will second this and it is one of the first applications I install
> >> after a clean install.  It allow the ability to open images in
> >> individual windows and full keyboard control of images from the number
> >> pad.
> >
> > I have already installed and tried gqview and my first impression from
> > it was pretty positive but the very thing you describe above ( opening
> > an image in an individual window ) is the very thing i wanted to avoid
> > and on of the primary reasons i opened the thread .
>
> You only open another window if you want to.  I do it when I want to
> compare the quality of different images from a directory.  As you know,
> it doesn't do it unless you want to.
>
> As my eyes age, I find thumbnails to small. :)
>
> --
> Robin Laing

Whatever happened to Kuickview?  It's a simple image viewer that allows
navigation from image to image within a folder with the page up/down keys,
easy rotation capabilities, etc.  I would compare it to the Windows image and
fax viewer.  I used to use it to quickly run through and rotate the pictures
from my camera before printing or posting them to my website.  Suddenly, it
disappeared from both of my systems (FC4 & FC5) after a recent update.

Ron