Re: Is there an easy way to bring my wifi card at boot / init 3?[Scanned]

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Patrick Doyle wrote:

Trade NetworkManager for network.
ie:
sudo service NetworkManager stop
sudo service NetworkManagerDispatcher stop
sudo chkconfig NetworkManager off
sudo chkconfig NetworkManagerDispatcher off
sudo chkconfig --level 2345 network on

Hmm.... does this imply that NetworkManager and network are
incompatible?  I installed and enabled NetworkManager (and the
dispatcher), but I didn't disable "network".  Should I?

It seems to be recommended in general--NM is not designed to work smoothly with the network service. If none of your interfaces are brought up at boot time, then it probably is not an issue.

Note that NM really isn't designed for machines whose network configuration is static. On the other hand, AIUI, an upcoming feature of NM will allow it to control interfaces at boot time.

--wpd

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences