Re: Firefox and JRE

On Sunday 13 August 2006 19:48, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 00:42 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I must admit, that I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment, not sure
> > whether the JRE is required by this french site to use IRC, and have
> > no way to check whether the JRE is working. Doh.
>
> Are you using some Java client in a web browser to do IRC?  Why bother?
> Use a dedicated IRC client, like X-Chat, and be done with it.

Hi Tim. I've never used IRC before, and don't particularly want to because of
security issues, but this French learning site at "about.com"  has a chatroom
which might be usefull to me. It needed the JRE to be installed, so I
installed it, but trying to connect to the IRC channel, I'm getting an out of
date, or dodgy certificate warning, which doesn't help.

I looked at X-chat, but wasn't sure how to use it with this French learning
site. The IRC channel is "irc.everywherechat.com".

Any tips as to what I need to add to X-chat to access this IRC channel?

Nigel.