Re: How create a directory with full permiss for everybody

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 22:28 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 22:50 +1000, Ben Stringer wrote:
> > If you want every account to have access to the directory, there is
> > already a category of permissions for that - no need to put everyone in
> > a group. Just make sure the directory has permissions drwxrwxrwx, which
> > can be done using "chmod 777 directory".
>
> I wouldn't do that, it gives unfettered access to *everything*.  At
> least doing what the original poster discussed, making it for a select
> group of users, mitigates some of the security issues.

I'm curious - how do you think adding every user to a group and
providing group read/write/execute differs from providing global
read/write/execute?

I believe it is by definition identical.

(And, as my first post says, I don't think either idea is advisable).

Cheers, Ben