Re: install while keeping /home - updated experiences request

On Sunday August 06 2006 1:56 pm, Charles Curley wrote:
> If this is a production machine, I recommend
> against installing one of the test series.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough - this was my "old FC4 box" "put through a couple
of experiments" etc... It is definitely not a production machine

Thanks for the rest of your comments - very helpful - from what you said, it
would appear that I may have problems, since I don't have the gid uid info
from the old /etc. since that went away when I installed a couple of distros
over the old FC4 /  partition, formatting first. Since this is purely an
experimental box now, I guess I'll be doing some further experimenting...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA