Re: FC5 Firefox and KMail

On Saturday 05 August 2006 12:29, Nigel Henry wrote:

> > Not trying to be rude but you did not look real close at the subject
> > line. FC5
>
> Very sorry about that Jack. It was a case of not being able to see the wood
> for the trees.
>
> I'll have a look on my FC5 install, and see if I can find out how this is
> done.
>
> > Your instructions above are of no value for FC5
> >
> > I remember those settings from FC2, the configuration in FC5 is way
> > different.  I am still trying to figure out where things are and what
> > is not here any more and what is new that works better.  Things
> > changed a lot from FC2 to FC5.  I was real comfortable with FC2
> > because I used it for two years.  I made the change from FC2 to FC5
> > in one leap skipping over using FC3 and FC4.  I did an upgrade
> > install in about 4 hours from FC2, FC3, FC4, FC5, this was the only
> > way I could get the upgrade install to work.
> >
> > --
> > Jack Gates http://www.morningstarcom.net/
>
> Nigel.

As "Preferred Applications" is no longer is on KDE's menu, it appears the only
way to change the default for the mail agent, is to logout of KDE, log back
in to Gnome, where you can find it in "System > preferences > more
preferences > preferred applications" , and then just change the default mail
agent to Kmail, as you did with FC2.

Seems a bit daft removing it from KDEs menu to me.

I'm not, but if you never use Gnome, and are autologging into KDE, you
presumably then have to mess about with stuff to get into Gnome to make the
change.

Nigel.