Re: FC5 on VMWare Server

Tom Spec wrote:

I am running an instance of FC5 as a virtual machine inside VMWare Server which is installed on Windows XP. The performance in gnome is a bit "choppier" than I was hoping for. Is anyone else running this kind of configuration and if so, do you have any performance tips? I know I won't get "native" performance, but I'd like to at least do the best I can.

Did you install vmware-tools on your guest machine? This improves graphic performance dramatically. Still gnome's graphic libraries are slower than in windows - one of the very few disadvantages.

greets Boris