Re: CIFS problems

Joe Barnett wrote:
Anyway, try "unix extensions = no" in smb.conf (server) and see if
this makes any difference.

I realize the change took place on your client and not the server,
but this still might work.

Alas, adding that config line (added that directive wasn't present in the default smb.conf) hasn't made any difference.

While I can't read the contents of any files when navigating via my client mount points., interestingly I *can* read the contents of files when I connect to the share using the Nautilus "Network Servers" dialog - so clearly Gnome VFS is doing something clever that regular samba / CIFS mounting is not.

Cheers,

--
Grant Ozolins <grant.ozolins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Web Developer