Re: smb.conf (a little help please)

jdow wrote:

>> "Craig White" <craigwhite@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Indeed Windows has the lion's share of the desktop market which is what
>> most computer users are using and that is fine. Linux is just another
>> option, and probably a viable option for many computer users and
>> certainly not a viable option for many computer users.
>>
>> To suggest that the GPL license is the reason that most software
>> companies don't market software to Linux users is simply not true.
>
> Show me where I used the GPL license, the GPL initials, or directly
> implied either in my original posting. I had entirely other issues
> in mind that suggest that some people will some times find that
> Windows is their best tool for a given task.

On your message of Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:40:10 -0700 you happen to mention:

"Of course, Windows machines have purposes in life - running software
and hardware features that cannot or will not appear on Linux due
to conflicts and doubts with GPL."

So, I suppose Craig misunderstood what you meant by that.