Re: Amavisd does not start

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Chris Jones schrieb:

Thanks for that. There is nothing in that log, unfortunately that points to the issue. Here is the result of my starting amavisd:-
[root@bilbo subsys]# service amavisd start
Starting amavisd:                                          [  OK  ]

[root@bilbo subsys]# service amavisd status
amavisd dead but subsys locked
[root@bilbo subsys]#

... and here is the log fragment for that start:
Jul 20 18:27:41 bilbo amavis[7120]: starting. /usr/sbin/amavisd at bilbo.stow-jones.local amavisd-new-2.4.1 (20060508), Unicode aware, LANG=en_US.UTF-8
Jul 20 18:27:41 bilbo amavis[7120]: Perl version               5.008008

Nothing more appears at amavisd start time? Normally quite a few tests would run, about the Perl environment / helper modules, anti-virus scanners, spamassassin ...

No. That is all that occurs.

Which says to me that something is wrong, but I cannot see where.

Time to get a hand at /etc/amavisd.conf. It has an option to not use sylog for logging but an own file. Use that in combination with a higher debug level.
$DO_SYSLOG = 1;              # log via syslogd (preferred)

What level should I set to increase the logging?

Do you have SELinux being enforced?

Yes

--
Chris Jones