Re: Missing Dependency

Axel Thimm wrote:

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 09:44:31PM -0500, Stephen Esquibel wrote:
On 7/19/06, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 08:10:03PM -0500, Stephen Esquibel wrote:
I have an error when using yumex.

Missing Dependency: madwifi-kmod-common >= 0.9.0 is needed by package
kmod-madwifi

Is it a problem with the livna or atrpms repos? I am trying to update
to the 2157 kernel, but without madwifi, it is useless to me.
These packages names are not used at ATrpms. Maybe you need to allow
livna some more time for these packages to be built and published?

BTW you should really know where you installed kernel modules packages
from, as mixing say userland packages from one repo and kernel modules
packages from another will not do good. Pick a repo (in this case
livna) and stick with it when upgrading madwifi.

Thanks for the help!  I unchecked the atrpms repo in yumex, but the
dependency check failed (I even included livna-development and
livna-testing) for the madwifi-kmod-common rpm.

Also, is there a reason (could be this one) as to why I have to go to
the install tab in yumex to download madwifi for the new kernel
instead of the update page (like ntfs modules)?

Sorry, I'm the ATrpms guy, so I know how the ATrpms bits work, but not
how the livna packages work especially in yumex. I'd still give livna
some time, any missing package will soon show up. But you can also
notify livna on this (they prefer bugzilla entries, but there is also
a mailing list)
I have installed the livna madwifi package, so there are no missing dependencies.

Try doing a "yum clean all" and try again.