How to boot grub in /dev/sda2 from removeable disk?

Work gave me an IBM Thinkpad T43 with Windows XP installed.

I am attempting to install FC5. For various reasons (including it not being so obvious that I have linux installed) I do *not* want to install grub in the MBR.

The partitions are /dev/sda1 (XP) and /dev/sda2 (FC5). I know how to install grub on /dev/sda2 (by checking `configure advanced boot loader options'). The doc says ` Your computer must have GRUB or another boot loader installed in order to start, unless you create a separate startup disk to boot from**'.

How do I create a separate startup disk (CD)?

Thanks,
Greg Smith