Open files from network on FC5

Hello all,

 * Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am using Fedora 5 *

I'm having a problem when I open files from network (system - remote
places - workgroup - computer - share...) sorry if the words are not
correct.
location bar looks like this:
smb://workgroup/

I click on a computer and a share of it.
smb://comp/share/

I can see the workgroups and the computers, but when I try to open a file
like .pdf or .doc, .xls, .... by clicking on it, the program ( eg.:
openoffice) starts to open, but closes whith no erros and the file dosn't
open.
when I copy the file to a local place or when I mount the share to a local
folder, it works.

Any ideas?

It was working on a older distro, fedora 4 and others...
I look it up on the net but no luky...

thanks.

Anderson Alipio
anderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx