Re: Audigy 2 has no playback sound

Hi. Which FC version are you using? From FC2 using the 2.6
kernel /etc/modules.conf has changed to /etc/modprobe.conf.

Will you post the output of:
cat /proc/asound/cards
cat /proc/asound/version
/sbin/lsmod

The fact that you can access Alsamixer sounds good. I dont know what controls
you have on your Alsamixer, but on mine for the Audigy2 sounblaster there is
a switch named "Audigy A" which needs to be unmuted. "M" toggles the
switches. The sliders I need up to get sounds, are, Master, PCM, Front, and
you may wish to try the first 2 Emu10k1 sliders just along from the Audigy A
switch. This is for stereo output, which I am using, not 5/1.

Which desktop are you using, and which app are you trying to play sounds with?

The card is supported according to the Alsa's soundcard matrix, but doesn't do
96k 24bit.

Nigel.

Hi Nigel,
  I'm running a clean install of Fedora Core 5, that was done about three weeks ago. I'm also up to date with things, via yum.

I think you're on to something with unmuting Audigy A, which has the item name, Audigy Analog/Digital output jack if I look in the top left corner of the app.
I hear what sounds like a speaker noise when I unmute this, then I hear it again when I load system-config-soundcard.

I notice, when I reload alsamixer, the Audigy A option is muted again....

I've tried running alsactl store 0 to save my soundcard settings but that didn't work?  How do I save my alsa mixer settings?

Thanks