network boot/ install and grub?

hey i think i have a thread on this before ... if not recently. but i had to ask my question too. i'm having extreme difficulty making a boot disk. i've tried doing it from my linux computer and using rawrite from the wife's which has WinXP. none of the computers will boot from the usb pen drive. i have the system bios set up to do so, but it won't work. SO.... i ask the topic question:

is there a way to have grub boot to my computer upstairs? i want the computer to boot into the folder with the FC5 files ... or a folder with the iso image of FC5. i have NFS turned on upstairs. the host / server (really a client which serves as a dumping ground) is downstairs.

they are both amd 1600+ athlons.  both are using FC5.

192.168.100.102 (upstairs)  this is the one i have the image iso on.
192.168.100.101 (downstairs) this is the one i want to install too.

NFS is on, firewall is off (router serves that function), and exports and hosts are set up.  everything should work!  but i don't know how to edit grub.conf ...

thanks

hbrhodes