Re: Plan for OpenOffice 2.0.3

Am Montag, den 03.07.2006, 11:59 +0200 schrieb Ambrogio:
> Il giorno lun, 03/07/2006 alle 11.34 +0200, Henry Ritzlmayr ha scritto:
> > Why don´t you use the RPMs provided by openoffice.org?
> > RPMs for Fedora are ripped on certain functionality (IP isues).
> > I am using the upstream RPMs for a while - and they work like a charm.
> I don't understand.
> I'm already using OpenOffice from openoffice.org (2.0.1 adn 2.0.2), but
> everytime yum tell me that openoffice should be upgraded.

I agree on this one - this is the only drawback here.

> This is why I ask about availability of OpenOffice 2.0.3 from fedora
> repos.
>
> But what apropos the issues (IP issues?!?!?!)

This has been discussed several times here and on many other places.
Even on bug-reports.

Short version: openoffice.org uses some code where redhat thinks that
this code might be a violation on some others IP - so they remove the
code (or parts of it). I have never seen or heard about a statement
where they explain in detail how and why they think it is that way. But
this is not a big problem - there are other RPMs out there
(openoffice.org).

Henry