perl Tk

I am working on a gui splash screen for a perl background daemon that
identifies a successful or unsuccessful start up procedure for the
user.

I have been trying to use the perl Tk module and am having some
difficulty mastering it.  Can anyone suggest a tutorial for this.

When I did some searching it appears that most of what is written for
perl and Tk was in the 90's.   It also appears that glade and qt are
designed for C and C++.  Are there other gui front ends that I can use
with perl?

Thanks,

Greg Ennis