Re: Use of Cups printing in a home network.

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 17:36 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 03 July 2006 17:28, Tim wrote:
> > The clients should have the original
> > default cupsd.conf and client.conf files (they need nothing done to them
> > for browsing to work).
> >
> Your comment about the client.conf file surprises me, as I have always had to
> add the server name in there - though nothing else.  Could it be that it is
> only needed if some other package doesn't provide the info?  Clutching at
> straws, but if some of us need it and others don't...
>
> Anne
No entry is needed in the clent.conf file if the machines are on the
same lan. In fact if you put that line in a clients client.conf file the
machine will not be able to print to a local printer on the client
machine.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>