Re: Need workaround for yum update problem

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
Hello all,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have a problem. I am using the "updates-testing" repo. A number of packages in there are ones I find useful. But, over the last few weeks, when I do a yum -y update, it fails with:

Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package nfs-utils-lib.i386 0:1.0.8-4.FC5 set to be updated

The naming of the current rpm has an oddity in its name which makes it appear newer than the package that is actually newer. Check the below posting from the fedora-test-list. If you are running updates-testing, the list has much value.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2006-June/msg00404.html

This one case where the --nodeps option to rpm is used with good reason. :-)

Jim

--
(1) Everything depends.
(2) Nothing is always.