Re: Ten Reasons To *NOT* Use ZFS:

Antonio Olivares wrote:

[snip]

Somebody else made the work previosly and did not
patent it.  And now years later and person who
discovered the technology passed away someone wants to
patent and get credit as theirs.  It does not make
sense.

One of the most obvious examples of this is the Howard
Hughes fortune, which came from the patent of the double
cone bit, which made oil drilling a reality in Texas.
It was not Howard Hughes' (Sr.) invention at all, and in
fact designs similar to his had been floating around for
some time. But he had the savvy (he had attended Harvard
Law School for a while) to know that whoever holds the
patents gets the monies, so he patented it, and got
rich. Of course, his son became more (in)famous and
even richer.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.