Re: FC5 install disk and more recent kernels will not boot

I just updated to the "kernel-2.6.17-1.2139_FC5" kernel and am getting
the following error:

APIC error on CPU0: 02(02)

This error repeats continually very early in the boot process.  The
system must be reset to gain control.  From a google search, it seems
that this error indicates a system error with the APIC communications.
I have updated the BIOS to the latest version, disabled apic in the
BIOS, and tried using the "noapic", "acpi=off", and "pci=noacpi"
kernel options without any effect.  As before, I can still boot
successfully with any FC4 kernel.  Why am I still getting these errors
when it has been disabled in the BIOS and kernel, and only with the
FC5 kernels?  Any ideas?

-Jim