Re: Spam Filter

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 15:28 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> I might as well get this off my chest there is one member of this list
> that sends me responses to my list messages at my actual address as the
> primary address but does not allow his e-mail address to accept mail.

Most likely me.  As I've told people before, if you don't want private
messages, don't ask for them with the reply-to header.  It means send
you a reply, it doesn't mean that I can *choose* to send me a reply.
The reply-to header is an overriding instruction, not an option.
Though, in this case, I've wiped it out.

You're misusing reply-to, you get to reap the consequences for it.

In deference to the annoying consequences experienced by people
demanding personal replies when they don't want them, and then replying
to them without paying attention to what they're doing, I've now fiddled
with the settings.  If anyone does respond, in any way, to that address,
it should get accepted, though immediately sent to the trash.  You
shouldn't get any more bounce backs.

I read messages from the public lists.