Re: Fedora Core 5 LDAP client authentication problem with Solaris 9 iPlanet LDAP Server

FINALLY I found the problem!

Here is the story.

(1) I install another server with Fedora 5 on the same hardware as sspxz100 and configure LDAP and it WORKS!

(2) Reinstall sspxz100 with Fedora 5 and configure LDAP, it still gives "Permission denied" error

(3) Try to recall what I did differently for these 2 servers. The only difference is that for the one that works, I configure LDAP throug the GUI. The one that don't work I configure LDAP using the "setup" menu.

(4) Compare and realize that GUI configuration has the EXTRA option "Authenticate system accounts by network service" which is NOT FOUND if you use "setup" to configure LDAP.

(5) Once I enable this option through the GUI, LDAP works flawlessly. By the way this new "check box" is not found in Fedora 4.

(6) So the story ends...hope this little info help someone in future when configuring LDAP in Fedora 5

Thanks You ALL who responded to my thread and contributed your time and advise in helping me troubleshoot this problem.

BEST Regards

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=95848&topic_id=21829&forum=28#forumpost95848