Re: FC6t1 vs FC5

On 25/06/06, Timothy Murphy <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nb I'm not criticizing the production of test versions,
just trying to clarify the philosophy behind them.

It's quite simple. FC-5 is a release i.e. it's as stable as fedora
gets, and shouldn't eat your data. FC-6test1 is the first test release
of the development tree that will lead eventually to FC-6. As such it
could well eat your data and run off with your wife. I would only
consider installing FC-6test1 if I was interested in tracking the
development process and could afford to hose an installation
periodically. The very fact that you're asking this question strongly
suggests you should install FC-5 and stay away from the development
releases.

HTH
Jonathan.